[vtkusers] Wrapping Developer Position Available at CoSMo Software

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Aug 24 09:20:14 EDT 2010

CoSMo Software is currently looking for collaborators to join the
team. We are seeking talented individuals right now!

About CoSMo

The CoSMo Company design and develop leading edge, high quality
software in the fields of complex systems. Our solutions can be
applied to systems biology modeling, environment as well as simulation
of dynamic systems (social networks, economy...). The CoSMo Company's
business model is tailored after an open source one to provide
low-cost technical solution, reusable technology and long term
maintenance. Our mission is to provide our clients with tools to
integrate knowledge within models, and to use those models within
simulation for prediction. The capacity to understand complex
phenomena through simulation will improve productivity, increase
success rate and reduce time to market.

The job

Your job will focus on developing open-source product in the
bio-medical image processing field. The location will be Boston.
However for exceptional American candidates, working remotely could be
possible. We may also accept recently graduate French engineers
willing to relocate to Boston. Positions are one-year, full-time, which
can evolve into longer term contracts. Technical reviews may be part
of the recruitment process.

Candidates will be working on enhancing WrapITK, the wrapping system
based on SWIG used by the Insight Toolkit (ITK). ITK is heavily
templated and supported on a lot of platforms, making it challenging
to wrap. Several new languages will be supported, including C# and
Python 3. All the developments will be open-source and freely
available under a BSD license.

By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic work
environment, with exceptionally talented co-workers, and collaborate
with esteemed researchers from around the world by:

  * designing and developing new software in ITK.
  * implementing, documenting, analyzing, creating and modifying
computer systems or programs.

Candidates for this position must posses the following basic skills:

  * ability to develop software for Unix, MacOSX and/or Windows OSes
  * experience with SWIG mandatory
  * knowledge of *either* Java, C# or python 3 a must
  * experience of writing CMake scripts
  * experience with WrapITK a big plus
  * knowledge of ITK, VTK or Paraview a plus;

--
Gaëtan Lehmann
INRA de Jouy-en-Josas (France)