[vtkusers] How to delete set of points..?

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Wed Aug 18 10:06:40 EDT 2010

Hello sir,As you said, i have used rubber band pick style to select multiple points.I tried the example given by you.. But it gives me selected data..Now actually scenario is that suppose there is a set of points, And i select half partof this and delete. So after deleting the half part, the graphics window must show the other remaining half only.. But here extractSelection>GetOutput() contains the selected data. This i already have. Any other work around?Time being i have usedhttp://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/DeletePointand this logic takes lot of time.Thanks Original message From:"David Doria"< daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com >Date: 18 Aug 10 17:13:49Subject: Re: Re: [vtkusers] How to delete set of points..?To: Rakesh Patil Cc: VTK Mailing List On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Rakesh Patilwrote:>> Hello Sir,>> If I use that logic, then i feel it will take lot of time.>> Two loops will come into picture.. First loop contains IDs of points which> are to be deleted> and
 second loop is the one which is in the code..>> So for each time, it will iterate n times for a single point ( where n is> the total number of points)> thus If i want to delete m points then the code has to run m*n times ..>> If n is in thousands (say more than 10000 or 30000) then i feel this is not> an efficient one.>> Can it be done using vtkCutter or vtkClipPolyData or something..??>> Thanks>> Regards> Rakesh PatilIf you have the list of IDs you want to delete (from the rubber band),you can load them into a vtkSelection and then use:http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/ExtractSelectionThanks,DavidGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!