[vtkusers] How to delete set of points..?

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Tue Aug 17 23:55:27 EDT 2010

Hello Sir, If I use that logic, then i feel it will take lot of time. Two loops will come into picture.. First loop contains IDs of points which are to be deletedand second loop is the one which is in the code..So for each time, it will iterate n times for a single point ( where n is the total number of points)thus If i want to delete m points then the code has to run m*n times ..If n is in thousands (say more than 10000 or 30000) then i feel this is not an efficient one.Can it be done using vtkCutter or vtkClipPolyData or something..??ThanksRegardsRakesh Patil Original message From:"David Doria"< daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com >Date: 17 Aug 10 17:03:48Subject: Re: [vtkusers] How to delete set of points..?To: Rakesh Patil Cc: VTK Mailing List On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 4:37 AM, Rakesh Patilwrote:> Hello,>> I have a set of scattered XYZ points.. I Use RubberBandPick style interactor> to> select multiple points. Now once I select a set of points, how can i perform> Delete operation on s
 elected point set.?>> Basically, after performing pick operation, i have two datasets, one> superset (say A)> and another subset (i,e. selected points) (say B)>> i.e. B is subset of A>> I think to delete all the selected points, I need to do A  B>> Is there any way to carry out this operation ?? Or any other alternative> method to> delete set of points?>> Thanks>> Regards> Rakesh PatilThis is the best I've come up with:http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/PolyData/DeletePointThanks,DavidGet Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!