[vtkusers] Displaying graphs side by side

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 16:12:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:19:18 pm David Doria wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu> wrote:
>> > I really think you'll need to create two vtkGraphLayoutView instances,
>> > and try to replace their render windows with your own single one, and
>> > grab their renderers and set their viewports (and even then it might now
>> > work).
>> >
>> > -Eric
>>
>> Hmm getting very close...
>>
>> I also had to create an interactor and use
>> vtkGraphLayoutView::SetInteractor (or you'd have to call
>> GetInteractor()->Start() twice, which didn't make sense)
>>
>> The latest attempt is here:
>> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Graphs/SideBySideGraphs
>>
>> it looks like it actually displays the graphs correctly, but it
>> crashes right away.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> vtkRenderView.cxx needs modifications to fix some issues with this test app.
> See attached patch.
>
> Clint

@Eric
Interesting that it works in Python... I don't know what to think about that.

You're right about the points- I had just added them when doing the
standard (non vtkGraphLayoutView) pipeline and I forgot to remove them
when we switched back to this.

@Clinton
I applied your patch but now I don't even see the correct graphs
before it crashes - rather just a white window (and it still crashes).

Thanks,

David