[vtkusers] VTK 5.7 Qt4 build error

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Tue Aug 17 11:11:38 EDT 2010

I have built Qt4 shared and now building VTK 5.7 (shared) with CMake 2.8 on
Win32 Vista with
mingw32-make and Im getting the following error during the vtk build

[ 82%] Generating moc_Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.cxx
D:/Developer/Sources/vtkgit/VTK/GUISupport/Qt/Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.h:57: Error:
Und
efined interface
mingw32-make[2]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/moc_Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.cxx] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/CMakeFiles/QVTKWidgetPlugin.dir/all]
Error 2

mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

any ideas on what Undefined interface means and more importantly how to fix?

I have set my PATH, QMAKESPEC and QTDIR environment vars correctly AFAIK.
So far i can bypas this by igoring compile errors with "mingw32-make -i".
The Qt examples
and tests seem to be built and run:
QChartTable.exe
QtChartCxxTests.exe