[vtkusers] vtkProjectedTexture coordinates at image edge

Bobby Ren bobbyren at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:23:36 EDT 2010

Hi, I am using vtkProjectedTexture to project texture coordinates onto a 3d
vtkPolyData surface. The projected image is smaller than the surface
so at the edge of the image and beyond, the texture coordinates repeat and
form a smeared projection of the edge pixel for the rest of the polydata.

Is there a way to either:

1) Discover the 3d coordinates at which the vtkProjectedTexture no longer
maps to a valid image coordinate, so I can make a separate 3d surface that
ends there, or
2) Set bounds on vtkProjectedTexture or to tell it not to fill in texture
coordinates for the whole surface?

I am leaning to trying to do #1 because I will have to project multiple
textures onto the same surface so I will probably have to create separate 3d
surfaces for each projection anyways.

Thanks,
Bobby