[vtkusers] Extracting 3D volume information

Loc Exp locexp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 09:12:02 EDT 2010

Hello VTK users,

I am writing a program to render 3D volume from dicom files. I used
vtkDICOMImageReader, vtkVolumeRayCastMapper and vtkVolume to read and
visualize it. It works fine.

But now, I want to extract a matrix which contains values of each voxel
rendered and shown as volume.

My future goal is to get a 3D matrix with voxels values and use it as input
to a neural network to classification. But, at present, I just need to
extract 3D volume information.

I would be more than grateful if I had some help from anyone.

Regards,

Locexp