[vtkusers] Try Google Sketchup to VTK Exporter

Alex Southern mrapsouthern at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 05:42:13 EDT 2010

Hi,

I realized three things..

1. The VTK Exporter for Google Sketchup plugin website
http://vtkexport4sketchup.blogspot.com/ did not allow anyone without a
google account to comment, this has now been rectified, please leave
suitable comments of criticism and encouragement.

2. For the plugin to work in Sketchup you must 'Explode' (ungroup) all
parts of the model that are grouped, there a few extra details how to do
this on the site if you don't know.

3. For larger models the plugin will work but you may need to wait a
little while depending on the size of the model.

I'd appreciate people trying it out and trying to break it to see if
they can uncover any bugs. Note that google sketchup gives free access
to an online repository of FREE models! Remember to explode them though.

Thanks Again
Alex