[vtkusers] Using VTK with CMake: link errors

Nicholas Kinar n.kinar at usask.ca
Wed Aug 11 10:36:29 EDT 2010

> Does this file actually exist?
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/6.1/lib/vtk-5.4/libvtkHybrid.dylib
>
> The question is, how did you get a VTK library inside your python
> framework? That is completely unexpected. (As is a 6.1 version of
> python... as far as I know, version 6.1 of python is still far in the
> future...)

Hello David,

Thank you very much for your response; this is greatly appreciated!
Apparently the /6.1/lib/vtk-5.4 directory is created when the Enthought
Python distribution is installed.  Here is a snippet from the
EPD_Readme.txt file:

EPD README
==========

This EPD-6.1-1 installer provides a Python build for
OS X 10.5 and later.  Note that this installer only supports the
x86 (Intel) architecture, and not the ppc (Power PC) architecture.
It includes Python 2.6.4.

Install Notes

A full installation will install the following:
   * Python framework -- installed into:
       /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/6.1

So what could I do?  Should I remove or re-name this directory?  Once
again, thank you!

Nicholas