[vtkusers] Problem with running the "A Voodoo Reader and Viewer for VTK "

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 07:38:48 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 4:49 AM, dedoel <deeel at tlen.pl> wrote:

> Hi, I'm newbie to VTK and I need to run an application where are libraries
> and includes that I can't find anywhere. I downloaded different versions of
> VTK, different files and nowhere I can find what I need. Maybe someone could
> help me with this? I need :
>
> #include "vtkVertexGlyphFilter.h"
> #include "vtkMatrix3x3.h"
> #include "vtkCameraActor.h"
> #include "vtkPoints2D.h"
>
> and also things like
>
> #include <vtkstd/algorithm>
>
> or
>
> #include <vtksys/ios/sstream>
> #include <vtksys/SystemTools.hxx>
>
> What it is? Some kind of libraries?
>
> I really need help with this, and I would appreciate any help.
> --

Hi,

You should use the latest development repository of VTK. You must
download it using Git - here are the instructions:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git

But basically all you need to do is:

git clone git://vtk.org/VTK.git VTK

That should contain the first 4 classes you're missing. For the last one:

#include <vtkstd/algorithm>

it may work once you install the latest VTK. If it doesn't, simply use

#include <algorithm>

instead. Don't hesitate if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

David