[vtkusers] extract subset

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Aug 4 09:26:54 EDT 2010

Hello Ula,

The ParaView "Extract Subset" filter uses the vtkPVExtractVOI class:

http://www.paraview.org/ParaView3/Doc/Nightly/html/classvtkPVExtractVOI.html

I haven't used it, but in the documentation it says, "vtkPVExtractVOI is a wrapper around vtkExtractVOI, vtkExtractGrid and vtkExtractRectilinearGrid. It choose the right filter depending on input and passes the necessary parameters."

So, I think you could use the vtkExtractVOI class from VTK if you're working on vtkImageData:

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkExtractVOI.html

There are a couple examples and tests listed on that page that may help you get started.

-Eric

Eric E Monson
Duke Visualization Technology Group