[vtkusers] Plotting Multiple Spheres

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 11:10:36 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Alex Southern <mrapsouthern at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok Thanks, this looks much more elegant, out of interest if I wanted to
> visualize say 2 million points all with the same characteristics but at
> differing spatial locations would using spheres still be feasible?

Alex,

Please keep the conversation on the mailing list so everyone can
benefit and contribute :)

I don't think you'd be able to draw 2M spheres. If you just want to
see a set of points, you should use vtkVertexGlyphFilter on your
points, like this:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Filters/vtkVertexGlyphFilter

and then put the output of the glyph filter into the mapper and have
only a single actor. I'll add this visualzation to the above example
tonight.

Good luck,

David