[vtkusers] VTK and QT Projects (QVTKWidget.h)

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 12:09:02 EDT 2010

> I did build it with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS on. However if I turn this off and
> solve my problem, what exactly  have I turned off? i.e. what is the purpose
> of BUILD_SHARED_LIBS anyone??

To build vtk .dlls instead of static libraries. Either option works is
you setup your build procedure correctly. For .dlls there is more work
because you need to have the .dlls in your path or the same folder as
your executable. Also since the .dlls have the same name in debug,
release or other configuration you must ensure that only the correct
version is in your path for the particular configuration you are
running. The simplest way to achieve this is to put a custom build
step in your application CMakeLists.txt file that copies each
configuration's dlls to the same folder as the executable for that
configuration.

John