[vtkusers] Recommended way to create a 2D scatter plot

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Aug 2 10:56:40 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Ben Medina <ben.medina at gmail.com> wrote:

> A couple features are critical:
> - Ability to color scatter points based on the values from another array.
> - Ability to size scatter points based on the values from another array.
>
> Is this possible (or planned) in the VTK Charts API?
>
> I merged in a topic branch with a new test called TestScatterPlot on Friday
morning. This shows some of the basic features such as changing the symbol
used for points, setting the color etc. Color/size by other arrays is not
currently supported, it is a planned feature but I can't give you a definite
date when that would go in.

This is open source though, so patches are always welcome ;-) I would be
happy to work with external contributors to merge in new functionality to
the charts.

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.