[vtkusers] VTK and QT Projects (QVTKWidget.h)

Alex Southern mrapsouthern at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 09:58:59 EDT 2010

I solved my problem.... almost,

basically despite having a working application in VS 2008, I decided to
use my source files to build a new one using cmake. For future reference
the file is below, although a word of warning.....

I included the WIN32 option (in ADD_EXECUTABLE) in order to stop the
console window appearing in addition to my gui. Upon compilation this
caused 2 linker errors, I stopped both of these by adding qtmain.lib to
the linker's additional dependencies. This solved the problem BUT I'm
sure that Cmake should be doing this for me, so the cmakelists file is
probably missing something.

Secondly, The project only runs in Release Mode !!, I did some digging
and this has something to do with QT dll conflicts. The output window
shows that it is loading both the release and debug versions of
Qtcore4.dll Qtgui4.dll (Qtcored4.dll Qtguid4.dll) as of yet I dont know
how stop this....

Any ideas?

Cmake file below
---------------------------------------
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

PROJECT(WaveModellerVTK)

FIND_PACKAGE(VTK)
INCLUDE(${VTK_USE_FILE}) # include UseVTK.cmake

FIND_PACKAGE(Qt4 REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${QT_USE_FILE})  # include UseQt4.cmake

# support for out-of-source build
INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
   ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}
   ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}
)

# Set your files and resources here
SET(WMSrcs main.cpp wavemodeller.cpp nodfile.cpp newproject.cpp)
SET(WMUI wavemodeller.ui newproject.ui)
SET(WMqrc wavemodellericons.qrc)
SET(WMHeaders wavemodeller.h nodFile.h newproject.h)

QT4_WRAP_UI(UISrcs ${WMUI})
QT4_ADD_RESOURCES(UIico ${WMqrc})
QT4_WRAP_CPP(MOCSrcs ${WMHeaders} )

SOURCE_GROUP("Resources" FILES
   ${WMUI}

)

SOURCE_GROUP("Generated" FILES
   ${UISrcs}
   ${MOCSrcs}
#  ${RCS_SOURCES}
)

ADD_EXECUTABLE( WaveModellerVTK WIN32 ${WMSrcs} ${UIico} ${WMUI} ${MOCSrcs})
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES( WaveModellerVTK QVTK )