[vtkusers] How to check if a vtkPolyData object is a closed surface

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 08:33:26 EDT 2010

> Many thanks David G. for the idea and David D. for the example. With that we
> managed to find the reason why our surfaces were not closed.
>
> Thanks a lot
> Roman

I'm glad to see it is resolved. Just for the record, yesterday I
noticed that there is a:

vtkSelectEnclosedPoints::CheckSurfaceOn( )

http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkSelectEnclosedPoints.html#a51efa8165c7ccad95eb592db3a0e59f8

That explicitly checks if a surface is closed.

I don't know if it would be easy to extract that code, but it may be
worth looking into for anyone interested in surface closure.

Thanks,

David