[vtkusers] Finding intersection of a curve and a region in 3D

Samuel Yonoun sam.yonoun72 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 14:22:36 EDT 2010

Dear vtkusers,

I am very new to vtk and am still learning the most basic aspects.

I have a set curves in 3D, each curve is defined by a set of ordered points.
Also there is a region in 3D defined by a voxel volume with 1s indicating
the interior of the region and 0s the exterior. I would like to know which
curves intersect the region and which do not.

I have seen the example "PointInsideObject" and that might work; however I
wonder if it will miss the case where a curve intersects the region close to
the boundary, so that no points are inside the region, but a line segment
between two points intersects the region.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful.

Regards,
SY

( http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Check_if_a_point_is_inside_an_object )