[vtkusers] Testcxxcharts crashing in windows XP (interactive mode)

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Apr 23 20:30:34 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 8:23 PM, da <remywendy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Does anybody else run into this?
>
> In order to get interactive mode to work for the chart tests, I've changed
>
>   if(retVal == vtkRegressionTester::DO_INTERACTOR)
>     {
>     view->GetInteractor()->Start();
>     }

>   if(retVal == vtkRegressionTester::DO_INTERACTOR)
>     {
>     view->GetInteractor()->Initialize();
>     view->GetInteractor()->Start();
>     }
>
> for TestPCPlot.cxx (thanks Eric E Monson) , and then ran it with
>
> "ChartsCxxTests.exe testpcplot -I"
>
> which renders it fine in interactive mode.
> However, the moment I hover my mouse over it - it crashes. (Differently in
> debug/release modes).
>
> This is due to the new color buffer code that was recently added by
Francois - your card does not have an OpenGL extension required. My Windows
development machine has the same problem. I think Francois intends to detect
whether the color buffer has all of the extensions it requires, and fall
back to a software method if not.

Note the failed assert you see in the debug version (asserts are compiled
out in release mode). For the charts at least, the software methods are
already present, and can be disabled by setting a flag on the
vtkContextScene.

Thanks,

Marcus