[vtkusers] Gimbal Lock?

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Thu Apr 15 14:12:44 EDT 2010

Hey Robbie,

In general we try to keep cc'ing the conversation to the list.  This both
allows for other users to find an answer in the archives and gives you
access to more brains.

You are probably doing something like;

camera->Elevation(90);

After which Elevation no longer works because it rotates around the cross
product of the ViewUp and DirectionOfProjection vectors and you just made
them colinear.  if instead you do:

camera->Elevation(45);
camera->OrtogonalizeViewUp()
camera->Elevation(45);