[vtkusers] Strange results with MST filter

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 17:33:20 EDT 2010

I have made a simple demo graph here:
http://rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/MinimumSpanningTree/WeightedGraph.graph

It is points shaped like an "L". The weights are the euclidean
distance between the points. The graph looks like this:
http://rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/MinimumSpanningTree/Lgraph.jpg

(produced with
http://rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/MinimumSpanningTree/ReadAndDisplay3DGraph.cxx
)

I checked out the edge weights in Paraview and they look correct.

Then I made the EMST by finding the MST of that graph using this:
http://rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/MinimumSpanningTree/Demo.cxx

The result is here:
http://rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/MinimumSpanningTree/Lmst.jpg

This doesn't look like the EMST to me. I would expect the resulting
graph to be a single line in the shape of the L. Is this expectation
incorrect? Or is there a bug? Or have I done something wrong?

Thanks,

David