[vtkusers] Fwd: vtkTubeFilter Side/Border Thickness

Fauze Polpeta fauze.polpeta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 16:00:00 EDT 2010

Hi David;

I tried to use the vtkExtractPolyDataGeometry clipper but,
unfortunately the clipping function is not applied to the
vtkPolyDataToPolyDataFilter (vtkTubeFilter in my case). Indeed, it
considers the abstraction over which the filter is connected
(vtkLineSource in my case). So what happens? The the ring built with
vtkTubeFilter disappears as whole since the vtkLineSource is who is
being fully clipped.

As a solution, I'm considering the adoption of a vtkCylinderSource and
vtkCylinder for clipping. However, as I'm not a math expert (and not
even VTK), I can not figure out how to positioning a Cylinder using
two 3D points. vtkLineSource provides me with an interface for that,
but it seems that vtkCylinder and vtkCylinderSource not.

Is there a way of doing this? Aligning a cylinder between two points.

Regards

Fauze