[vtkusers] Multiframe Dicom volume rendering

pete-c pcwhizzkid at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 03:46:12 EDT 2010

Hi, I'm relatively new to vtk, and I'm trying to get my head round how to
visualise a dicom/gipl volume in 3D. Since vtk does not support reading a
multiframe dicom file (to my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong), I'm
reading it in using itk, applying BinaryMask3DMeshSource filter, and saving
it as a '.vtk' file. I then read the file with vtk, and attempt to render,
however it results in a messy sandstorm effect (though I can just make out
the general shape of the volume).

I'm unsure as to where the problem lies - whether it is with the itk code,
or how I'm trying to convert the data in vtk. I have attached my code, if
anyone can give me some pointers, I would be very grateful.

Pete.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p28188750/show3D.cxx show3D.cxx