[vtkusers] Installing VTK 5.4.2 for VisualStudio2005

Dmitri Danewitz d.danewitz at yahoo.de
Wed Apr 7 11:05:03 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am using VTK 4.2 with VisualStudio2005. Since it is an old version of VTK I want to move on to the new version. But somehow, no matter which File I download from the VTK-site, I never manage to install VTK 5.4.2 in that way as VTK 4.2 is installed on my PC, namely as a simple folder with following folders in it:

- bin
- Examples
- include
- lib
- Wrapping

So that I can simply add the reference to the lib folder in my C++ projects and program my stuff.

The VTK 5.4.2 files that can be downloaded from their website contain confusing stuff that seems not ready to use (has to be compiled?).

What do I have to do to get it to work as 4.2 works?

Greets
Dmitri

http://mail.yahoo.com