[vtkusers] Update TreeViews.java shows blank Window

Bladek, Anthony Anthony.Bladek at pnl.gov
Mon Apr 5 17:28:44 EDT 2010

O.K. so I found by searching through the bugs that the TreeViews.cxx example segfaults when combining a vtkTreeMapView and vtkSelectionLink so I suppose the Java wrapped version isn't going to work either.  On the other hand, the example still does not show the graph even when the vtkTreeMapView is completely removed so something else must be going on.  I am wondering if the segfault bug (whatever it is) is causing other problems with the vtkRenderWindow interface.  Apparently the Treeviews.cxx example works in version 5.2.

Is there anyone out there who has successfully displayed a graph or tree of any size using a JFrame using the Java wrappers from vtk 5.4.2 ?  If not and you have gotten a graph to appear at any point in history, which version of vtk did you use and in what environment?   If JFrame isn't possible does someone have another suggestion for displaying the results from vtk in an a application?

I have beat my head against a wall for a week now and any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Anthony