[vtkusers] Filter to delete a cell/point doesn't show any change in render window

Rakesh Patil rakeshthp at in.com
Mon Apr 5 02:27:42 EDT 2010

 Hi,Yes it worked for points.. But cells not working.. Anyways, i'll check out with it...Thanks for your guidance...RegardsRakesh Patil Original message From:Darshan Pai< darshanpai at gmail.com >Date: 04 Apr 10 01:32:55Subject:Re: [vtkusers] Filter to delete a cell/point doesn't show any change in render windowTo: Rakesh Patil What i meant is you have defined newPoints as a smartPointer in the constructor . Once the Constructor returns , the newPoints is deallocated since it has gone out of scope. Hence you have a memory leak right there . If you had not defined newPoints as a smartPointer it will work fine . RegardsDarshanOn Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 5:09 AM, Rakesh Patilwrote:Hi Darshan,Thanks for your reply.. But what difference will it make if i initialize it in the constructor or in Update() function..?? I think it got to do something with the point ids... When i copy the cells from input grid to output grid, the point Ids might not be available i feel...I'm struggling with how
 to solve this problem..Any suggestions or comments..??ThanksRakesh Patil Original message From:Darshan Pai< darshanpai at gmail.com > Date: 02 Apr 10 22:12:10Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Filter to delete a cell/point doest show any change in render windowTo: Rakesh Patil Rakesh,I did not run the program but I think your problem is the initialization of the newPoints . I think you should initialize your newPoints in the Update() function rather than in the constructor. Or do not define it as a smartpointer.RegardsDarshanOn Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Rakesh Patilwrote:Hello users,Here are the two files which i have written. The filters to remove points and cells from an unstructured grid. It accepts an unstructured grid as an input and returns new unstructured grid as an output..When i check the number of points and number of cells of the output grid, it shows correctly.. But when i render the output grid, it gives error..Can anyone find out the mistake?? should ids be in sequence w
 hile rendering..?? The logic is based on the example belowhttp://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/DeletePointHelp, guidance from any of the seniors wil be appreciatedThanksRegardsRakesh PatilDear vtkusers ! Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!  Powered by www.kitware.comVisit other Kitware opensource projects at http://www.kitware.com/opensource/opensource.htmlPlease keep messages ontopic and check the VTK FAQ at: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTKFAQFollow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe: http://www.vtk.org/mailman/listinfo/vtkusers Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!