[vtkusers] Queries regarding Delaunay3D and vtkTetra

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 05:59:44 EDT 2010

Hi,
I'm working on a problem using vtkDelaunay3D and wanted to ask some
advice before going too far. I will generate points that belong in
several classes and triangulate all of them. I then want to query
Delaunay edges and keep those whose endpoints belong in certain
combinations of classes. My original idea was to track the ids of the
points as I insert them into a vtkPolyData object, hoping that the
point ids would be preserved in the UnstructuredGrid produced by
Delaunay3D. Is this the case? If not, what is the appropriate way to
attack this sort of problem? Also, I'm new at dealing with vtkCells
and wondering whether there is a recommended set of examples to
examine?

Thanks