[vtkusers] QVTKRenderWindowInteractor crashes under Mac OS X 10.6 + CMake x86_64 issue

Piotr Byzia piotr.byzia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 14:11:05 EDT 2009

On 30.09.2009, at 18:52, Sean McBride wrote:

> On 9/30/09 6:14 PM, Piotr Byzia said:
>
>> It seems that i386 is correctly recognized now, however there is
>> another issue related to Python during the compilation:
>>
>> [ 74%] Building CXX object Rendering/CMakeFiles/
>> vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dir/vtkTkRenderWidgetPython.o
>> In file included from /Users/piotr/Downloads/VTK/Rendering/
>> vtkTkRenderWidgetPython.cxx:17:
>> /Users/piotr/Downloads/VTK/Rendering/vtkTkRenderWidget.cxx: In
>> function 'int vtkTkRenderWidget_MakeRenderWindow
>> (vtkTkRenderWidget*)':
>> /Users/piotr/Downloads/VTK/Rendering/vtkTkRenderWidget.cxx:1154:
>> error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'OpaqueGrafPtr*'
>> /Users/piotr/Downloads/VTK/Rendering/vtkTkRenderWidget.cxx:1154:
>> error:   initializing argument 1 of 'OpaqueWindowPtr*
>> GetWindowFromPort
>> (OpaqueGrafPtr*)'
>> make[2]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dir/
>> vtkTkRenderWidgetPython.o] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dir/
>> all] Error 2
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> Is that something wrong with my configuration or is that a known
>> problem?
>
> Yes, this was discussed recently on the vtk-dev list.  You should be
> able to find it in the archives.  Short version: try VTK from CVS. :)
>
> I guess the lesson is that current CMake and VTK are not quite fully
> compatible with 10.6, you should use the CVS versions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were no follow up on this issue on
vtk-dev:

Build files have been written to: /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-
python-carbon/Examples/All
======== End CMake output ======
Change Dir: /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/Examples/All

Run Build Command:/usr/bin/make
Scanning dependencies of target HierarchicalBoxPipeline
[  3%] Building CXX object AMR/Cxx/CMakeFiles/
HierarchicalBoxPipeline.dir/HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
Linking CXX executable /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/
bin/HierarchicalBoxPipeline
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkRendering.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkIO.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkGraphics.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkverdict.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkImaging.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkFiltering.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkCommon.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkDICOMParser.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkNetCDF.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkmetaio.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtksqlite.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkpng.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtktiff.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkzlib.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkjpeg.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkexpat.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtksys.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkftgl.dylib, file is not of required architecture
ld: warning: in /Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
libvtkfreetype.dylib, file is not of required architecture
Undefined symbols:
   "vtkRenderer::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkOutlineCornerFilter::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkRenderWindowInteractor::SetRenderWindow(vtkRenderWindow*)",
referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkHierarchicalPolyDataMapper::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkDebugLeaksManager::vtkDebugLeaksManager()", referenced from:
       __static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)in
HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkHierarchicalDataSetGeometryFilter::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkExtractLevel::AddLevel(unsigned int)", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkRenderer::ResetCamera()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkContourValues::SetValue(int, double)", referenced from:
       vtkContourFilter::SetValue(int, double)in
HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkActor::GetProperty()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkRenderer::GetActiveCamera()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkCamera::SetFocalPoint(double, double, double)", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkCompositeDataPipeline::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkActor::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkCamera::SetPosition(double, double, double)", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkAlgorithm::GetOutputPort(int)", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkContourFilter::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkCellDataToPointData::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkCamera::SetViewUp(double, double, double)", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkExtractLevel::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkDebugLeaksManager::~vtkDebugLeaksManager()", referenced from:
       ___tcf_1 in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkProperty::SetColor(double, double, double)", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkShrinkPolyData::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkXMLHierarchicalBoxDataReader::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkRenderWindow::New()", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
   "vtkRenderer::AddActor(vtkProp*)", referenced from:
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
       _main in HierarchicalBoxPipeline.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [/Users/piotr/Downloads/vtk-cvs-python-carbon/bin/
HierarchicalBoxPipeline] Error 1
make[4]: *** [AMR/Cxx/CMakeFiles/HierarchicalBoxPipeline.dir/all]
Error 2
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [VTKExamples] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Examples/CMakeFiles/VTKExamplesTarget.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2