[vtkusers] vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes 2D equivalent

Dário Oliveira dariodisk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 00:32:45 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I'm working with GIS applications. Segmentation in this kind of images
usually generates a very high number of segments.

I'm trying to find region boundaries based on labelled segmented
images. I've been searching in the mailing list carefully, and one
suggestion I found was to use vtkThreshold for each region label and
all the visualization pipeline stuff inside a big loop. I have the
feeling that this would be really hard to wait for.

I also found a filter that seemed to be perfect:
vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes. It does exactly what I want, but not for 2D
images. :-/

Is there any equivalent of vtkDiscreteMarchingCubes for 2D images?
vtkContour and vtkMarchingSquares don't do exactly the same, as far as
I know, because each contour is defined by the voxels greater than a
given value, and I need to have each contour/boundary defined exactly
by a given value.

Anyone has any suggestion?
Thanks!
--