[vtkusers] Differences in display of vtkTextActors between vtk5.0.4 and vtk5.4.2 (shadow and accentuated characters) ??

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 20:10:38 EDT 2009

I've resolved the shadow differences. Between vtk5.0 and vtk5.2, the
text rendering was changed to use texture maps. There were a few bugs
in the new implementation. I guess there were no regression tests to
catch this.

I also found a bug on the 5.0, 5.2 (and 5.4!) versions of
vtkTextProperty. The Shadow offsets were being ignored. In all of VTK,
the SetShadowOffset has never been tested (shame on us!).

I have not checked in the changes yet since I need to do more testing.

As for the accent problem, I have not resolved that one yet.

The images you posted in the older email are no longer available. Can
you repost them?

I'll keep you informed on progress.

BWT, can you file a bug report at http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view_all_bug_page.php

Include your small example.