[vtkusers] Performance VTK 4.4 vs. VTK 5.4.2, more info

Affolter Martin martin.affolter at ntb.ch
Thu Sep 24 02:34:44 EDT 2009

Hi Utkarsh

I am not using immediate mode rendering, at least I never switched it on. I looked into the the vtkMapper.cpp, it seems that the immediate mode rendering is off by default. I did not try to call ImmediateModeRenderingOff() as I am not expecting it to behave differently (unless you know better and insist on trying it).

Is there any documentation on the changes between VTK 4.4 and 5.x?

Martin