[vtkusers] Which TCL?

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:01:52 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I want to install TCL for Vtk and I'm a little bit confused. Actually I
wanna compile the SegmentationEditor-example of "Insight Applications". The
example needs wrapped TCL for VTK to be builded sucessfully in CMake. And if
I try to build VTK with TCL in CMake, CMake says:

"Tcl was not found.  Install the Tcl development package (see
http://tcl.tkor ActiveState Tcl) and set the appropriate variables
(TCL_INCLUDE_PATH,
TCL_LIBRARY, TCL_TCLSH) or disable VTK_WRAP_TCL."

My question is: what exactly do I have to install? Is it Tcl Dev Kit 5.0
(which is not free) or the TCL Source or will TCL Binaries suffice?
Which one makes VTK with TCL run?

Regards, Michael