[vtkusers] vtkMarchingCubes to point cloud

Murat Aydın murat.aydin at netcad.com.tr
Fri Sep 18 04:14:57 EDT 2009

Right, Bill. I am trying to create surface from point clouds with no convex
hull.

I am trying different approaches (vtkSurfaceReconstruction,
vtkMarchingCubes,vtkContourFilter etc..)
vtkRecursiveDividingCubes didnt give any result too (numberOfCells = 0,
numberOfPoints=0).
I think these filters work well with dense points. MarchingCubes filters are
working with
image data.
I have 8 points in a vtkPolyData. I tried
vtkVoxelModeller,vtkPolyDataToImageStencil (polydata should contain polygons
for this filter, i have only points)
and other approaches i found in mail list archive,but no result.

vtkVoxelModeller produces vtkImageData with 8000 points and 6556 cells. I
put output of voxel modeller to marching filters' input and again
numberOfCells = 0, numberOfPoints = 0.

Thanks.

murat