[vtkusers] Developing Filter for Paraview

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Sep 17 14:19:16 EDT 2009

ParaView filters are VTK filters that have been wrapped (just like java or
tcl or python wrapping) so that the ParaView application can use them. That
wrapping is done by writing an XML file which lists the names of the methods
in the filter that paraview should call and what format those arguments are
in. See the ParaView wiki, the ParaView user's guide, and the contents of
ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager/Resources/filters.xml for more information.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive