[vtkusers] Render vtkActors in a custom view

Pierluigi Taddei pierluigi.taddei at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 09:08:36 EDT 2009

Hi,I would like to render vtkActors and vtkVolumes directly in an opengl
window that already contains other elements.

My first idea was to directly call the Render method on each actor renderer
but this just do not work beacause the renderer requires a vtkWindow to be
connected to it. Moreover I do not want the renderers to  change the current
vviewpoint since it is set by other application components.

Calling the Render method on the actors, instead, requires a Renderer to be
available.

What do you suggest?
Should I implement from scratch a subclass of vtkRenderer, or a subclass of
vtkRenderWindow?
Did anybody do something similar?

Thanks for the help,
Pierluigi