[vtkusers] vtkKDTree FindClosestPoint bug?

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Wed Sep 16 16:55:51 EDT 2009

I found the bug and fixed it in CVS head.  Thanks for the info.

Andy

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:33:19 -0400
From: David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com <daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>>
Subject: [vtkusers] vtkKDTree FindClosestPoint bug?
To: vtkusers at vtk.org

It seems that FindClosestPoint (both versions) ocasionally produce incorrect
points - where FindClosestNPoints works correctly every time. Here is sample
code and the data file it is intended to work with. The correct index of the
closest point is 1, but FindClosestPoint returns 121.

http://rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/ClosestPointBug/<http://rpi.edu/%7Edoriad/VTK_List/ClosestPointBug/>

Has anyone else had this problem? This seems to be a VERY big problem
(potentially breaking many peoples code?) if I haven't done anything wrong.
Can anyone confirm or deny? I will put it on Mantis if I don't hear people
shouting that I just did something incorrectly! haha

Thanks,

David