[vtkusers] vtkKDTree FindClosestPoint bug?

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Tue Sep 15 22:17:19 EDT 2009

On 09/15/2009 03:33 PM, David Doria wrote:

> Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, but that was long ago, and a test was added at the end of
/Filtering/Testing/Cxx/TestPointLocators.cxx that was supposed to check
for this.

Please confirm that you are using a reasonably new VTK.

I can't remember if it was VTK or ITK where the last remaining issues
with the KdTree seemed to only occur when the two points were almost
exactly the same distance from the trial point, so close that the error
could be from calculations being made in float verus double precision.

Your test looks reasonable but I've been awake for way too long and
can't give it a thorough look.