[vtkusers] volume calculation

Murat Aydın murat.aydin at netcad.com.tr
Wed Sep 9 02:22:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am calculating volume of solid constructed by vtkDelaunay3D applied to a point cloud.

i am using vtkGeometryFilter -> vtkTriangleFilter -> vtkMassProperties in order to get volume of the solid. I am not sure whether the calculated volume is correct, because if i add
vtkDecimatePro filter or vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter the volume changes. Without vtkDecimatePro , the volume seems to be more than it should be.What should i do to find true volume? Thanks in advance.

murat aydin
Netcad