[vtkusers] How to fix Mac OS X problem of applications not being able to dine dyld libraries

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Sep 4 14:13:06 EDT 2009

On Friday 04 September 2009 12:03:05 pm Sean McBride wrote:
> On 9/4/09 1:49 PM, Andrew Wiles said:
> >Thanks Sean.  I did ignore that step because I read somewhere else
> >that the issue was resolved on the CVS as far back as 5.2.
>
> No, bug 7818 was fixed maybe 2 weeks ago.

But VTK/Cocoa/Qt has worked for much longer than that.
The only thing changed 2 weeks ago in Qt related code was removing some
#ifdefs that aren't needed anymore.

The patch referred to is probably a very old one, before *any* Cocoa/Qt
support made its way into VTK.  VTK 5.2 doesn't support Cocoa/Qt (patch
needed), but VTK 5.4 does (no patch needed).

Clint