[vtkusers] render tens of thousands of spheres in VTK

Cheng Zhigao ZGCHENG at ntu.edu.sg
Tue Sep 1 08:45:15 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a time series data.  I display the data using tens of thousands of boxes. For each time step, i changed the top 4 points' height for each box to make an animation. But this results in slow interactive responses because It takes a long time to render the points set, around 1 seconds. plus the new points computation time. For example, hen you rotate the 3D prop, it takes 1 to 2 seconds to responses.

Is there anyway or any filter thing that can help me to reduce the rendering time?

Regards,
zhigao