[vtkusers] Help on reading VRML file.

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 15:50:42 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Dongqing Chen
<dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu> wrote:
> Hello, David:
>
>  Thank you a lot.
>
>  I have tested your code, and it works for the two files (bridge and
> two_shapes) which I downloaded from the link:
> http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~burkardt/data/wrl_2/wrl_2.html.
>
>  However, there is still a problem when using vtkVRMLImporter to load in my
> own file: teeth.wrl. The problem is that the Importer could not read the
> file.
>
>  Attached, please find the teeth.wrl file.
> Best Wishes,
> Dongqing Chen, Ph.D.

Unfortunately I am not at all familiar with VRML so I can't help you
with looking at the data file, only using the vtk importer. Either 1)
the data file is broken/something is wrong with it or 2) the reader
doesn't support some part of the file format specification that your
data file is using. Maybe someone familiar with VRML will see this and
take a look for you.

Sorry I can't be more help,

David