[vtkusers] Help on reading VRML file.

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:56:03 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Dongqing Chen
<dqchen at cvip.louisville.edu> wrote:
> Hello, David:
>
>  Thanks for your replying.
>
>  Attached, please find an example named teeth.wrl, which I converted from an
> IV (SGI Open Intentor) file created by my collegue couple years ago. I used
> the ivvrml.exe (found and downloaded from the internet) to convert. More
> example, please check the following link:
>
>  http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~burkardt/data/wrl_2/wrl_2.html.
>
>  I have tested several files, e.g. the teeth.wrl, two_shapes.wrl, bridge.wrl
> (the last two downloaded from the above link). I have the same problem of
> access violation to all the three files.
>
> Thank you for your time.

Donqing,

Here is a working version:
http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/VRML/

I changed all of your pointers to vtkSmartPointer's, but that was not
the problem. I'm actually not sure what the difference is between mine
and yours (besides mine works :) ) - if you can find the difference
please let us know - it must be something to do with the order that
the renderers etc were created and setup?

Thanks,

David