[vtkusers] LineInterpolator called 3 times when loop is closed - bug or feature?

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 30 09:22:13 EDT 2009

I posted originally on vtk developers about this...

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtk-developers/2008-August/005485.html

>why is the LineInterpolator called 3 times, when the loop gets closed using
vtkContourWidget?
>In my opinion, it should be called only once, for the line between the
current point and the last point (= first point in closed loop).
>But in reality, the LineInterpolator is not only called for this line, but
also for the neighboring lines. Thus, the interpolator is called 3 times.

that is fine if you are using straight line segments between nodes,
but if you have interpolation of intermediate points between nodes,
say with vtkBezierContourLineInterpolator, then the span
between adjacent nodes needs to be visited.  If you don't want
that behaviour, then subclass your own line interpolator.

Dean

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dean Inglis, PhD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~