[vtkusers] Make Smooth Isosurfaces

Sanket Jain jainsanket1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 17:44:05 EDT 2009

I have attached a snapshot of my viewer. The isosurface is predicting the
volume activated during monopolar stimulation. So, theoretically you will
expect a sphere at a particular iso value.

I tried using vtkPolyDataNormals. The figure attached is the output after
including this filter. But I still think this is not smooth.

I verified by opening my vtk file in Paraview (with, Compute Normal ON).
Even then i get the same kind of response. So, do you think this is the best
i can get? Or there might be some problem in the vtk file which is exported
from COMSOL (I verified it multiple times).

Thank you,

Sanket