[vtkusers] Make Smooth Isosurfaces

Sanket Jain jainsanket1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 16:30:23 EDT 2009

Hello Experts,

I have just started to use VTK to fulfill my visualization needs. I am
trying out few fundamental steps which would be crucial for my future
development.

I exported an  Finite Element Model (FEM) from COMSOL and wrote it as vtk
unstructured grid in matlab (points, connections and data). I am just trying
to read my vtk file and trying to visualize the isosurfaces at some value.

The problem is the isosurfaces are very rough even when I increased the mesh
density in my COMSOL model. I tried to perform the same task in paraview and
even there i saw the same problem.

Do you think that increasing the mesh density should solve it? I cannot
increase the mesh density because of computational issues. Any ideas on this
problem will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sanket Jain