[vtkusers] vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter and "Destination not big enough"

Konstantinos Iatridis kiatri at itech-soft.com.fr
Thu Oct 29 14:34:57 EDT 2009

Dear VTK users

I am using VTK 4.4 and following an advice of a group member (thanks a
lot!!!) I added vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter in my code to generate
contours of same color on my mesh.

In order to minimize the number of actors (for performance) I am using also
the class vtkAppendPolyData in which I add the output of
vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter for every input mesh. After this operation,
the next render process displays the error message originating from
vtkAppendPolyData "Destination not big enough", although the resulting
contours are displayed as far I can see correctly.

Is there any known issue in this class? I would suspect my code but exactly
the same code with the use of vtkContourFilter instead of
vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter is running without problems. I haven't
migrated to VTK 5.+ yet.

Thank you in advance

Konstantinos Iatridis