[vtkusers] Number of points in a KdTree?

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:53:28 EDT 2009

The purpose of  BuildLocatorFromPoints is described in the header. I
suspect that if you use this method, you cannot get the information
that you want.

//     For the purpose of removing duplicate points quickly from large
//     data sets, or for finding nearby points, we added another mode for
//     building the locator.  BuildLocatorFromPoints will build a k-d tree
//     from one or more vtkPoints objects.  This can be followed by
//     BuildMapForDuplicatePoints which returns a mapping from the original
//     ids to a subset of the ids that is unique within a supplied
//     tolerance, or you can use FindPoint and FindClosestPoint to
//     locate points in the original set that the tree was built from.