[vtkusers] vtkSphericalTransform

Jérôme jerome.velut at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 08:41:53 EDT 2009

I don't understand... vtkTransformPolyDataFilter is specialized for
polygonal datasets, and vtkContourFilter's output is also polygonal.
Did you change the GetOutput( ) to GetOutputPort( ) as I told you? The best
you can do is to copy/paste the error message, it would be very helpful for
our understanding.

Best regards,
Jerome

2009/10/23 Alessandro Artusi <artusialessandro4 at googlemail.com>

> Hi Jerome,
>
> what i get is an error vtkTransformPolydataFilter  is expecting as input
> not a Polydata as the output from the vtkcontourFilter.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Alessandro.
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Jérôme <jerome.velut at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> You should have to use "GetOutputPort" together with SetInputConnection.
>> You should also say what does not work !
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>> Jerome
>>
>> 2009/10/23 Alessandro Artusi <artusialessandro4 at googlemail.com>
>>
>>>   Hi,
>>>
>>> I want to transform the output of the vtkConoturFilter in spherical
>>> coordinates.
>>>
>>> I am using vtkTransformPolydataFilter to apply the vtkSphericalTransform
>>> to thr utput of the vtkcontourFilter but does not work.
>>>
>>> code:
>>> sp = vtkSphericalTransform()
>>> t = vtkvtkTransformPolydataFilter()
>>> t.SetInputConnection(contour.GetOutput()) #conotur is the output of the
>>> vtkContourFilter