[vtkusers] Two questions about vtkImageViewer2

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 23 09:16:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

I added a QVTKWidget to the QT-GUI of my application and attached it with a
renderer and a vtkImageViewer2. Everything works great, I can load dicom
images and show them in the widget/viewer. But I have two problems:

1. Everytime I call SetSlice() of the vtkImageViewer2, a second viewer pops
up (showing the same image) as a single window?! I don't want that. How can
I prevent vtkImageViewer2 from this behavior?

2. When I load a dicom image and show it in the viewer, the image is shown
too small, because the viewer zooms out. But I want the image to fit exactly
in the viewer (like vtkImageViewer does). In addition I don't want that the
user can zoom & pan the image like a 3D object. I want that the image is
statically shown in the viewer without any interaction with the user and
fits to the viewer's size. How can I do this?

looking forward to your advice,
Michael