[vtkusers] VTK in a MultiTouch Environment

Christopher Denter dennda at the-space-station.com
Fri Oct 23 08:33:22 EDT 2009

Hello.

> What is exactly is your "FBO"?  It it a PyMT object?  Any information
> that you have about its internals would help the discussion.

Yes, it is a PyMT object. You use it like this:

 >>> with fboobject:
 >>>     do_the_drawing()

What this does is bind the FBO (which is an OpenGL Framebuffer),
execute all the drawing code in the with-block and then unbind it
again. You can then access the things you drew via the fboobject.
It has a color buffer and a depth buffer.

See this: http://github.com/tito/pymt/blob/master/pymt/graphx/fbo.py

> There must be a better way.

I sincerely hope there is, but I will need your help to find it.

> The SetWindowInfo() method just converts a string into an address and
> passes it to SetWindowId().  So for SetRootWindow(), you would need to
> add a method called SetRootWindowInfo() to vtkCarbonRenderWindow that
> takes a char *, converts the string to an address, and passes it to
> SetRootWindow().  It would be an almost exact copy of the
> SetWindowInfo() method.

I may be wrong here, but I think one of the problems we were unable to
solve was actually *getting* the string that contains the address of
the HIView.

> If you let us
> know exactly what an FBO is (internally) and how PyMT uses it, then we
> might be able to help.

That would be great.

In the hope that my explanation was correct and understandable,
	Christopher