[vtkusers] vtkImageViewer & vtkImageActor

Michael Xanadu xanadu.michael at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 22 12:05:02 EDT 2009

Hi,

in many examples of VTK I saw codesnippets like this:

something->SetImageActor( viewer->GetImageActor());

where viewer is an instance of vtkImageViewer2. But in my app I use an
vtkImageViewer. This class has no method GetImageActor() - only
GetActor2D(), which delivers a vtkActor2D object. My Question is: How do I
get a vtkImageActor from vtkImageViewer? Is it possible or do I have to
create one on my own or do I have to use ImageViewer2 instead?

Regards, Michael